March has certainly been a varied reading experience from reading about behind the scenes of being a teacher, to learning how Tim Waterstone established Waterstones (which by the way, now living in Australia I miss), to learning about Kangaroo Island.
Some of the books, I have blogged about, some are still a working process – I am a little behind at the moment, but they will come. All in all, I have had a pretty good March read, and I would recommend all of the books pictured above. And yes, I am making my way through the Women’s Long-list Prize too, I am not doing too badly. Once I have finished reading the Long-list I will share my thoughts. I think it is going to be a tough year to decide on the winner, so I will be intrigued what makes the short-list.
March 2019 Reading List
- An American Marriage – Tayari Jones
- Ghost Wall – Sarah Moss
- The Outsider – Frederick Forsyth
- Bottled Goods – Sophie Van Llewyn
- The Pisces – Melissa Broder
- Swan Song – Kelleigh Greenberg-Jephcott
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation – Ottessa Moshfegh
- Eggshell Skull – Bri Lee
- Teacher – Gabbie Stroud
- The Face Pressed Against A Window – Tim Waterstone
- Heart of the Grass Tree – Molly Murn
I think since moving to Australia, my eyes have been opened to some amazing Australian writers and books, that perhaps I would never had read or even contemplated picking up and I hope to feature them in this blog (of course, when I get round to writing the blog posts.)